The Insure Our Event team are supporting World Mental Health Day by wearing yellow around the office. And of course donating to Mind too.
Wellbeing is no longer just a buzzword. It’s a serious factor for happiness and something that impacts everyone.
Organising any event can be stressful
Is there a million and one things on your to-do list? Event organisers or staff members working at events can sometimes struggle to keep the plates spinning.
Here are our top five tips for keeping your stresses low and your wellbeing intact when running an event:
- Sleep well. We know you might have to work late, and the hours are long, and there aren’t enough hours in the day. But you need to prioritise your sleep to help your body (and your mind) switch off and rejuvenate ready for the next day.
- Drink lots, and eat lots (of the right stuff). No, we don’t mean drink lots of wine at the end of a long day – however temping it might be. We mean keep a topped-up water bottle with you at all times. We’d also recommend taking a healthy packed lunch with you to work, so you have no excuse for being too busy to eat!
- Give yourself time. Instead of creating a jam-packed schedule, give yourself some leeway to allow for any unexpected delays or additional turnaround time.
- Delegate where you can. We don’t mean pile all your work onto your colleagues, but don’t be afraid to ask for help either. Try to find external companies like Insure Our Event that will ease your workload. We’re on hand to help sort out your insurance, so it’s one less thing you need to worry about.
- Talk. Okay, we know you’ll be busy talking all day about your event. But take some time out to chat to friends, family and colleagues about how you’re feeling if it all gets a bit too much.
Keep talking this World Mental Health Day
If you need any advice on running your event, from your insurance policy through to risk management expertise, chat to the Insure Our Event team.